Tuesday, January 20, 2009

LS09 Day two - Wrapping up

On the technology side, I learned a couple new things. XPages lets you show RichText in a view and it lets you communicate with several data sources on one page. In XPages.Next, you will be able to use XPages with SOAP and relational sources.

On the social side, I went out with IBM Norway to the Epcot centre. It was a really beautiful place. I literally know no other people going to Lotusphere, so I was a bit intimidated at first, just walking around getting boozed up. When it came to dinner, it was a bit easier. Just popped down on a random table, and started talking. As several speakers as Lotusphere have said, I didn't get bitten :)

I met a couple of new people, heard some impressions. Most of the people I've met so far on Lotusphere seems to be excited about the same technology as I (Admins partially included). The two most exciting technologies I've seen so far is XPages and Sametime Unified Telephony.

XPages for the obvious reasons(?). Sametime Telephony because it seems to make it A LOT simpler to make conference calls/etc. It's kind of a Skype for the enterprise. Usability wise, it seems even simpler to use than Skype.

More sessions to attend..

0 comments: