Monday, January 25, 2010

Small update on the Xpages search demo

The xpages search demo I posted last week is still messy, but I've cleaned it up a tiny bit.

I've added another parameter in the config for the search-method. You can now specify fieldName separately from the formula. I actually documented it, but forgot to implement it in the demo.

This should make it easier to refer to fields in the columns.
E.g.
TemplateSearch.search( [{ 
fieldName: 'name',
formula: 'LastName + ", " + FirstName',
dataType: 'string'
},{
fieldName: 'modified',
formula: '@Modified',
dataType: 'date'
}]);

If you want to have a demo of something more in regards search-results/data tables, leave a comment, and I'll take a look at it. If it's something I can do in a relatively short amount of time, I'll make/post a demoapp with a simple description.

0 comments: