Friday, January 28, 2011

Using the Package Explorer to import file resources to an NSF

Using the package explorer, you can add import files/folder from your file system.

To import folders from the file system: In (windows) explorer, select the file(s)/folder(s) you want into the NSF, and copy them (CTRL+C or right click/copy). Then in Package Explorer, select the WebContent folder, and paste (CTRL+V or right click/paste).

It's as simple as that :)

If you're wondering what I needed this for, it's to create/maintain CKEditor plugins locally in an NSF. You can import "external" plugins using CKEDITOR.plugins.addExternal.

The imported files are noticed by the Design task, so this also works with templates.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this tip Tommy! I imported TinyMCE into my database but now I have no idea how to make use of this library :(

Can you please give me some guidance?

Carla

Anonymous said...

I figured it out Tommy!